Monday, May 9, 2011

Math and Birthdays

We have been counting down to Littlest’s birthday. This is the first year he is over the top excited about it. I asked him this morning how many days until his birthday. I told him that today was the 9th. He paused for a second then exclaimed 10.

He’s been fascinated by numbers (and letters) for years. He could count to 10 early, even in Spanish. This past weekend at Oldest’s soccer game, I had him count to 100, 5 times, so I could spend a few minutes watching the game. He proceeded to circle a tree for the next 7 minutes or so counting diligently to 100 multiple times. (He even lowers his voice while counting the 70’s)

Littlest turns 5 years old in ten days, the day after he “graduates” from preschool. Bring on Kindergarten.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Can you believe I miss Sunday school? Okay, maybe I just miss the kids!

I wanted to give you a heads up about something I’m working on … I’ve been so thrilled with all the new friends, great blogs, and wonderful posts I’ve read over the past 8 months (my short but rewarding blogging career), that I wanted to show an expression of my luv and admiration. Plus, I thought you might be feeling the same way—wanting to spread the luv! Check out the idea at my blog: http://alife-sizecatholicblog.blogspot.com/p/pay-it-forward.html