Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I left my heart

We were on a trip last week. I had a conference to attend in San Francisco and the whole family came along. It was wonderful. We went to Muir Woods, a Redwood National Monument, north of the city. One word: Spectacular! There are some nice trails there and the boys hiked right along with Joe and I. We went about 2 1/2 miles and the 4yr old walked the entire way. Even more amazing is that the not quite 2yr old walked half of it.

My family did some fun things without me while I was in meetings. They went to a maritime kids museum and watched some surfers near the Golden Gate Bridge. As a family we road the Powell Street Trolley car to the Wharf, went to Pier 39 and had lunch. Ice cream at Ghiradelli Square.

We had dinner with my aunt and uncle who live in San Francisco. They are both deaf and are such interesting people. My aunt can hear a little so we are able to communicate by speaking. My uncle is completely deaf and my husband spent time writing notes back and forth. Perhaps I will talk more about them in a future post. At dinner the boys did very well. We went to probably the nicest restaurant the boys have ever been too. It was enjoyable.

The trip ended with a sojourn to Monterey. We stayed at a hotel right on the beach. 4yr old and I collected sea shells and he made friends with another family who was on vacation too. 4yr old and their 5yr old splashed in the waves. The water was freezing, but it didn't bother them. Hot baths were in order that evening.

Our visit to the Aquarium was nice. We were about 2 weeks early for the opening of their new Splash Zone exhibit specifically for kids, but had fun nonetheless. 4yr old makes fiends everywhere and found some kids "just his size" to have fun with. Almost 2 yr old had fund trying to pick up the starfish in the touching pools. Boys!

All in all, trip was great. No major problems and well-behaved kids! I think the whole family feels refreshed. Now it's time to get back to work.


~Peace

No comments: