Monday, February 15, 2010

band-aid

Some days are easier than others.

I’m a problem-solver. As a wife, mother and employee that’s what I am. People come to me and expect me to figure out a way to make something, anything, everything work. Rarely am I asked how I am. Wanna go for lunch, or coffee or a walk around the block? Not likely. I’m often forgotten until you need something fixed or someone to help you figure out how to make whatever work. Just knock on my door, I’m the fixer.

I’m not trying to sound like a complainer, because most of the time I’m not. Wag more, bark less. I try to live by that motto. But like I said, some days are easier than others.

My kids always ask for a band-aid when they get hurt. Blood is not necessary. We have a vast collection of band-aids. Scooby-doo and Curious George are current favorites. Band-aids make it all better.

Yesterday morning, my oldest gave me very long hug. It was what I needed at that moment. As he clung to me, his arms around my neck, he looked up at me and said, “Mom, I’m a band-aid.” I laughed. But he couldn’t have been more right on. My kids and my husband are my band-aid. They make it all better.


~Peace

2 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Your son is very smart and loves his Momma. Sucks being the go to girl...especially in your male dominant environment. Have a great day!

lisa and laura said...

Oh, I love this. We have all kinds of band aids in life, don't we? I think little boys must be the very best kind.