Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Three Little Birds

My littlest is a challenge. Stubborn and smart is a dangerous combination in a 3 year-old. He also has a speech delay and gets frustrated easily when people don’t understand him or don’t have the patience to understand him. He is in speech therapy and while it costs us a fortune because the health insurance doesn’t recognize it as medical problem, I know the financial sacrifices we are making are worth it for his confidence.

At school he gets shy and struggles speaking in a group. We know that the social setting is so important for him to learn and grow, but it is hard for me as his mom. I spend the time he is at school wondering how he is doing, is he being understood, is he making friends. His teacher is incredibly supportive and I feel lucky to have her in our lives. He’s making improvements. We need to get him socially ready for kindergarten. Academically he is more than ready. Like a said, he’s smart.

But at home, it’s a different story. He talks a lot. He also loves to sing and we encourage it. His new favorite song is Three Little Birds by Bob Marley and the Wailers. He knows every word and melody. I love listening to his little voice sing “Don’t worry ‘bout a thing. ‘Cuz every little thing is gonna be all right.”

My husband calls it his anthem. I gotta remember that.

~This is my message to you-oo- oo

2 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Hi
Nice to find your blog.Hope you are well. Love your youngest song he sings...so cute!
Kathy West

lfg said...

Thanks,Kathy