Thursday, November 5, 2009

Goals

I started writing down some goals. I've been doing this for a few years. I recently looked at the list again and realized that I've accomplished most of the items on the current list. Time to add some more.

But I did notice one goal on the list that has been there for a long, long time. I want to write. A book. Or something. I really haven't told many people beyond my husband that I even want to do this. But I really do. I guess that is why I started this blog in the first place. To work up the courage to actually do it. And to help me figure out if I am even any good at this writing thing. I don't have a much confidence in this area. I have ideas and have even started a few things. I think I'm afraid people won't like it.

My friend Loretta is a writer and a blogger and I have been following her blog for months. I also read some of the blogs that she follows. One of those bloggers is sponsoring a writing contest.

http://suzyhayze.blogspot.com/2009/11/contest.html

I think this is my first step off the cliff. Or maybe my only step off the cliff. :)

So I am doing this. I've actually written it, and will have my writer/editor husband make sure I've used commas correctly. I tend to overuse them.

If nothing else comes of this, I can scratch that goal off my list.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy you entered. It's a hard contest to judge!

lfg said...

Thanks for giving me the opportunity and motivation to do it. I had fun.

Liza said...

Congratulations on doing it! I enjoyed your story! It was a first step off a cliff for me too, and I loved the ride!