Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Once Upon a Time...

Nearly every night at bedtime, my husband or I crawl into bed with the boys and read to them. We typically read chapter books and my husband is currently reading the first Harry Potter book to them. Last night my husband worked, and I didn’t want to read Harry Potter. I suggested to the boys that we make up a story, each of us taking turns and adding a few sentences. It could end up really funny. Oldest said, “Don’t make it about us.” Okay!

Me: Once upon a time, two cats went to……

Littlest: The Zoo!

Oldest: No! Not the Zoo. The Cat Fun Center!

He then proceeds to go on about roller coasters and having to jump off onto pillows and getting hurt.

I then turn it over to Littlest, who is dead set on the zoo.

Neither will give in to the other and each has their own story to tell. So I let them. I smiled the whole time. I love their imaginations.

~Peace

No comments: