Thursday, June 26, 2008

High Maintainence

It was unbelievable. On Saturday morning as I am trying to get ready to run my final leg of the Wasatch Back, I head to the locker room of the school we stayed to brush my teeth and put in my contacts. As I enter the locker room there is a cluster of a dozen or so women crowded around the only mirror and three sinks (of which only two worked) putting on make up and curling their hair. Did they forget where they were? Did they not realize that in a matter of hours they would be sweating like pigs, slogging up a mountain? I was appalled! I had to fight my way to the sink to spit and put in my contacts without a mirror.

The kicker though, a woman stuck her head in front of me while I was spitting out my toothpaste and said, " I just need to make sure my part is straight." Huh?!?!?

~peace

No comments: