Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Keeping Cool

Watching the weather forecast on this mornings newscast made me feel hot. It's going to be hot. Very Hot!. Highs around 100 degrees. Overnight lows somewhere in the 70's. Summer has arrived with a vengeance. At least it's a dry heat. :)

This year we have had to recharge the AC in our 11 year old car, replace the compressor and recharge the AC in our 10 year old car and replace the 25 year-old furnace in our house so that it could actually blow the AC in our house. A lot of money for keeping cool. But when it's this hot you really have no choice. I am grateful that we are in a position to be able to do that and that that is all we had to do.

There is always something to complain about, gas and food costs are rising. We had to spend extra money to replace a "luxury" like air conditioning. The kids are grumpy and don't want to listen. But in the larger scheme of thing they are pretty insignificant.

I look at the news and the thousands of people in the Midwest who have lost everything because of flooding. I look at some friends who are dealing with illness. Yesterday I heard about a friend of a friend who just found out her 5 year-old has cancer. I don't know them but as a mother I can't help but feel sad. Please help me send prayers and/or positive thoughts their way.

So, starting right now, only positive thoughts, focus on the good stuff. No complaining. I'm in a good place.

~Peace

No comments: