Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lights Out

The power went out yesterday at 5:14 pm. I know that was the time because when the power did come back on that was the time that was blinking on the clock on the stove. The reason the power company reported was that a car crashed into a pole. The power was out for less than 2 hours, not tragic, but I was nervous about how I was going to keep the kids busy without power. It proved to be a non-issue.

The boys were unfazed when the TV went black in the middle of Curious George. Oldest asked if he could play a game on the computer, but I told him that the Internet didn't work when there was no power. So we played some games, sang some songs and they took their baths early because they needed them and again I didn't know how long the power would be out. We found out flash lights and the head lamp I used during the Wasatch Back and we were ready for a dark night.

Littlest was crabby tired and I got him to sleep by 6:30. Summer has been wearing him out!. Oldest and I played some more games and then, the air conditioning started up. Hooray! It was starting to get warm in the house. Oldest checked all the lights to make sure they had power. I restarted the Dryer and Dishwasher.

We made it! We need to disconnect more often. But let's keep the power on.

~Peace and Power

No comments: