Saturday, July 5, 2008

On your marks, get set, GO!

Oldest and I watched part of the Olympic Swimming Trials last night. When I turned them on he announced that it was a swimming race. He's very into competition right now.

I love the Olympics, always have. Watching the incredible athletes always sparks a fire within me. We moved to Salt Lake in 2000 because of the Olympics. Not compete of course, but my husbands job as a sports journalist allowed the opportunity to live in an Olympic city during the games and attend events. We probably never would have been able to do that otherwise. The experience was incredible and I hope that someday my children get experience the Olympics live and in person.

Last night swimmer Dara Torres made her fifth Olympics at age 41. Maybe 40 really is the new 30?

We recently go a gameboy game. Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. Oldest has gotten pretty good at some of the events. Littlest has picked up a new phrase, " On your marks, get set, GO!"

No comments: